Published on : Wednesday, July 18, 2018
In the middle of June, CNC Software, Inc., producers of Mastercam CAD/CAM software, announced a 4-axis milling post processor that will unleash the highest productivity on SINUMERIK-controlled machine tools. The new post processor was developed utilizing the technical expertise of Siemens CNC engineers.
This post processor includes support for SINUMERIK 840D sl and 828D CNCs from Siemens. It features:
• CYCLE 832 support for high-speed settings,
now including the latest Top Surface
• Drill cycles (CYCLES 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 840), with full 4-axis support.
• WORKPIECE output for graphical simulation, including rotary axis blank orientations.
• Tool call as tool name or tool number.
• TOFFR option.
• Siemens 4-axis application guide.
• Optimized multiaxis toolpath utilizing the FGROUP and FGREF commands.
• Streamlined program editing with the GROUPS functionality.
“The development of this new 4-axis post for Mastercam 2019 demonstrates our ongoing commitment and collaboration with Siemens, to bring the highest productivity gains to machine tools, that began more than two years ago with release of our 3-axis milling post processor for Mastercam 2017,” says Post Department Manager Pedro Sanchez, Jr., of CNC Software, Inc.
It is cooperation like this that provides Mastercam users the opportunity to truly complement their CAM investment and give their shops the best chance at a more efficient manufacturing solution, from design to part.
Chris Pollack, Virtual Technical Application Center Manager, Siemens Industry, Inc. comments, “With a strong continued collaboration, we’re able to optimize product performance for both the Mastercam software as well as the SINUMERIK control. This allows our mutual customers to achieve the very best out of their resources.” “Seeing what we’ve already been able to accomplish, Siemens looks forward to continuing to help Mastercam create more advanced post processors in the future.” Pollack concluded.