Top performing EP-950A from Franklin at IWF
Published on : Friday, September 2, 2016
Advantage EP-950A is an acrylic-based emulsion polymer isocyanate system (EPI) developed with exceptional water and heat resistance. It exceeds the requirements of ASTM D2559-12a, ASTM D7247-07ae1, ANSI 405-2013 and CSA 0112.10, which are required adhesive tests for many structural applications. This adhesive can be utilized in cold and hot press equipment. The emulsion must be mixed with Hardener 200, a polymeric isocyanate, at 13-15 parts Hardener 200 to 100 parts emulsion.
Key product features:
• Two-part acrylic EPI system
• Recommended for applications requiring excellent water, heat and solvent resistance
• Works well in cold and hot press applications
• Very low foam development
• Exceeds ASTM D2559-12a, ASTM D7247-07ae1 and ANSI 405-2013
• Exceeds CSA 0112.10
• CCMC Evaluation Listing 14035-L
The newest Advantage product stands out among other structural adhesives for its high resistance to water, heat and solvents. It developd very low foam during curing and works well in finger jointers and hot or cold presses. Water-based formulation- and zero formaldehyde – promote good indoor air quality. The water-based formulation also simplifies cleanup.
“Franklin Ashesives & Polymers is extremely excited to introduce Advantage EP-950A to structural wood component manufacturers”, said Josh Barlett, structural business development manager, North America. “It offers them superior performance all around and the reliability of a proven brand, from a company that truly has defined the wood adhesives industry”. Josh added further.
Manufacturers mix Advantage EP-950A with Hardener 200, preferably in a meter mix unit. (Franklin Adhesives & Polymers is available to work with them to supply the appropriate mixing equipment). The adhesive is then applied via either a roll coater or extruder.
- AkzoNobel launches CERAM-A-STAR® 1050 Select Standard Color Program
- Richelieu is more responsible than ever
- Expo Mueble International adopts virtual meetings as a way forward
- Upper Canada Ontario introduces Uniboard® TFL Collection
- Festool Canada launches new tool storage solutions