Published on : Saturday, August 27, 2016
Tall Wood and Beyond tour will be held on Thursday, September 8, 2016 and was developed specifically to educate Architects, Contractors and Engineers on mass timber construction options and provides an excellent opportunity to not only learn about mass timber products, but actually see them under construction and in use.
Brock Commons, located on the campus of the University of British Columbia (UBC) in Vancouver, BC is currently under construction and when completed in early 2017, will be the tallest hybrid wood construction building in the world.
Interested peoples are invited tour this structure (and others on the UBC campus) and meet with the architects and engineers that designed it and the fabricators and builders constructing it. The UBC tours begin a three-day event in Vancouver and Whistler that is filled with educational and social programs.
Highlights of the Tour:
• Private tour of the 18-story Brock Commons, the world’s largest wood building
• Private tours of a spectrum of mass timber structures at the University of British Columbia, the epicenter of innovation in mass timber construction
• Private tour of the iconic Audain Art Museum in Whistler, BC led by John Patkau, the design Architect of Whistler’s newest world class attraction
• Interact with the design team of every visited building
• Participate in the WoodTALKS Programs and social events at the world class Global Buyers Mission in beautiful Whistler, BC
• Earn AIA learning units