Friday, January 19, 2018
The top five webinars by attendance in 2017 are listed below. All are available on the American Wood Council (AWC) website as self-directed study programs to earn American Institute of Architects (AIA), International Code Council (ICC) or National Council of Structural Engineers Associations (NCSEA) credit.
• 2018 NDS for Wood Construction – NDS Changes
• Resolving Wood Shear Wall Design Puzzles with FTAO
• 2015 NDS Connections Primer
• Cornucopia of Classic Connection Conundrums
• Evaluation of Recommended Allowable Design Properties for Wood in Existing Structures
“The fact that our most popular webinar focused on changes to AWC’s flagship 2018 NDS standard highlights the needs of busy building code officials and design professionals to stay current,” said AWC Senior Director of Education Michelle Kam-Biron. “AWC is committed to providing these education resources for free to help ensure the code and design community has easily digestible information related to wood design. We will continue to build on these popular topics this coming year with our live webinar series.” Michelle added further.
Additional webinars on 2018 changes to codes and standards, as well as on various aspects of mass timber buildings are also planned through the year.