Friday, March 17, 2017
The 2017 AWFS®Fair will feature a new showcase highlighting Industry 4.0 and the technology that will heavily influence the future of manufacturing including: Artificial Intelligence; Augmented and Virtual Reality; Robotics; 3D Printing; Cloud Computing; Internet of Things (IOT) and Internet of Services (IOS).
The 4.0 showcase, will be located on the show floor near the Visionary New Product Award showcases. In addition, exhibitors participating in the Showcase will also be highlighted in the AWFS®Fair website, the official show directory and have designated markers for Industry 4.0 products in their booths.
According to Rob Howell, Trade Manager at SCM Group North America and AWFS Trade Show Chair, “We really wanted to highlight Industry 4.0 and the technology that has had an impact on manufacturing for several years now, and let our attendees know how they can take advantage of this technology today, as well as what they can expect in the future.”
Also new for 2017, Industry 4.0 educational sessions will be featured as part of the College of Woodworking Knowledge® (CWWK®) which will address specific 4.0 topics, including:
• The current state of Industry 4.0, what it means to you and your business; upcoming trends
• Data management and transitioning to “single source” data to increase efficiency throughout the manufacturing operation;
• The Smart Factory, featuring software integration, real-time reporting and self-tuning;
• Predictive maintenance and service orientation, an open forum style panel discussion addressing this technology, its current and future implications and how it can benefit businesses and common troubleshooting issues;
• A step-by-step process for implementing Industry 4.0 in your business
• 3D printing for woodworkers
Full descriptions of seminars and CWWK® registration will be available in April at the official site of AWFS.