COFI 2022 Convention to reconnect forestry sector
Published on :Tuesday, April 12, 2022
The BC Council of Forest Industries’ 2022 Convention is just around the corner, registration has already begun. COFI’s annual convention is the largest gathering of the forest sector in western Canada and over 700 delegates are expected to attend this year’s convention which will run from April 27-29 at the JW Marriot Parq Vancouver Hotel and Conference Centre in Vancouver, B.C.
The industry will come together to meet the share knowledge on forest. Program will include:
This year’s program includes a diverse group of speakers who will cover a wide range of topics:
- A keynote address from Hon. Mary Ng, Canada’s Minister of International Trade, Export Promotion, Small Business and Economic Development;
- Remarks from Hon. Katrine Conroy, British Columbia’s Minister of Forests;
- Perspectives from BC Assembly of First Nations Regional Chief Terry Teegee on UNDRIP and the path forward;
- Insights from Eurasia Group’s Robert Johnston and Business Council of BC Senior Special Advisor Jock Finlayson on Canada and B.C.’s role in a changing world;
- A discussion with forest sector CEOs Don Kayne, President & CEO of Canfor, Ray Ferris, President & CEO of West Fraser and John Mohammed, President & Owner of A&A Trading;
- Remarks from JP Gladu, principal of Mokwateh on forestry’s role in economic reconciliation; and
- A keynote from former Senior Deputy Governor of the Bank of Canada and Founding Member of the Coalition for a Better Future, Carolyn Wilkins regarding the group’s work to develop a winning economic plan that contributes to a better life for Canadians.
Delegates will also hear from several other speakers about the challenges and opportunities in B.C.’s forest sector, including two panels – on how B.C. forest products can help support the global drive to net-zero and zero waste, and readying the future faces of forestry.
More from my site