Tuesday, June 28, 2016
The next generation of Mastercam is here, and with it comes a new suite of programming tools focused on delivering speed, automation, and efficiency for all machining jobs. It is convenient and made to enjoy a more streamlined workflow, improved usability, enhancements to their Dynamic Motion technology, and much more.
Designed for faster workflow
Featuring a new ribbon interface, makes it easier to find the functions you need to complete your tasks.
Dynamic Motion Technology
New to 2017, micro lifts now use a line-of-sight approach to move the tool where it needs to go through unobstructed areas.
Complex Machining Made Easy
Introducing Maximum Stock Engagement for select 3D High Speed Finishing toolpaths, allowing you to limit how deeply the cutter engages uncut material and protect smaller tools from taking too heavy of a cut.
Powerful Toolpath Enhancement
• Preview select 2D High Speed toolpaths in the graphics window before closing and generating or regenerating the toolpath.
• The Level and Plane Managers are now a dockable, floatable function panel and has been redesigned for more intuitive controls and easier workflow.
• Tool Setup Manager in Mill-Turn has been redesigned to improve workflow and ease of use.
• New features have been added to Multiaxis Drill, such as using a line length for the drill depth and recognition of the stock model for depth and top of stock purposes.
• Multiaxis now includes a new 4-axis toolpath – Rotary Advanced – which allows more control over the tool motion through the selection of walls, hubs, and shroud surfaces