MEM Industrial and Tecno Mueble Internacional unites in 2021
Published on : Thursday, November 26, 2020
MEM Industrial and Tecno Mueble Internacional will merge in 2021 to form the largest woodworking and furniture exhibition in Latin America, the organisers made it official at a press conference. President of the Jalisco Furniture Manufacturers’ Association (Afamjal) Abelardo Arreola, Hannover Fairs México CEO Bernd Rohde and Coordinator of the Afamjal Exhibitions Committee Enrique Ruíz Castro attended the conference and shared their opinion on the decision.
“After several months’ evaluating the cooperation agreement between MEM Industrial and Tecno Mueble Internacional, signed in February of this year, the organizing committees of both events have decided to merge on one single platform with a view to consolidating the entire value chain, from the forestry sector, machinery and suppliers to Industry 4.0 technologies applied to the woodworking and furniture industry, all in one place. As of 2021, MEM Industrial and Tecno Mueble Internacional will no longer be held separately, but will take place as one single event on August 18-21 at Expo Guadalajara,” said Abelardo Arreola.
- MEM Industrial and Tecno Mueble Internacional will merge to form the largest woodworking and furniture exhibition in Latin America.
- The event will take place parallel to Expo Mueble Internacional on August 18-21, 2021 at Expo Guadalajara.
- Sustainability, design and digitalization will be the themes of the 2021 edition.
According to Bernd Rohde, “the merging of MEM Industrial and Tecno Mueble Internacional, not just in 2021, but as we move into the future, constitutes a major effort by these two leading exhibitions in the woodworking and furniture sector, turning our event into the industry’s largest exhibition not just in Mexico, but in Latin America. To increase its appeal even more, the event will be held at Expo Guadalajara and Centro Citibanamex in Mexico City on alternate years,” he said, adding that themes of the 2021 edition will be sustainability, design and digitalization.
Likewise, Enrique Ruíz said “this is good news for the national industry, exhibitors and visitors alike, because the merger will make it possible to maximize investment in promotional activities, broaden business audiences and compete on larger markets, because this single platform will afford us improved access to technology, machinery, tools and inputs, both nationally and regionally.”
As of 2021, the event will go by the name of MEM Industrial-Tecno Mueble Internacional and its next edition will be held on August 18-21 at Expo Guadalajara.
- AWFS Fair attendee registrations now open for July event
- Good Earth Power AZ Acquires Industrial Facility for New Sawmill Plant
- Cefla Finishing enhances services with new National Service Manager
- Mastercam welcomes new Marketing Director
- Fimma Brasil announces further postponement