Vollmer launches new tool and cutter grinder
Published on : Monday, October 18, 2021
Vollmer VGRIND 360S, the all new tool and cutter grinder VGrind 360S leads to fine grinding with utmost precision.
The VGrind 360S – the new standard for the complete machining of rotationally symmetric solid carbide tools of up to 100 mm. Ideal for applications in the areas of automotive manufacturing, tool making, medical technology,
What sets this grinding machine apart is that it has more precision and power thanks to its innovative linear induction motor on the X, Y and Z axes. This allows you to use the vertical multi-layer machining to bring all of the machine’s assets to the fore – with magnets, without making contact and without wear. This results not only in excellent performance, but also less maintenance required.
What you get: Optimal surface quality thanks to a five-axis grinding machine which impresses with every detail – from the operating concept to the intuitive software and clever automation solutions.
The VGrind 360S has been designed for productive machining of carbide drills and milling cutters with diameters of up to 25.4 mm. Depending on the machine kinematics and the tipping of the grinding wheel packages, tools with diameters of up to 100 mm are also possible.
The high flexibility provided by the possibility to change both grinding wheel packages, the reduced changing times thanks to the positively guided system and the practical automation options, combined with the high torque at the bottom spindle for fluting operations, provide the best prerequisites for efficient and high-quality manufacturing.
THE MACHINE CONCEPT
Precision and efficiency squared: This principle is also followed by the VGrind360S – thanks to two vertically arranged grinding spindles. In addition, its effective cooling concept has now been optimised and extended. The result: Maximum perfection at the lowest tolerances with the best possible cooling.
- Five-axis CNC grinding machine with innovative kinematics
- Two grinding spindles situated one above the other with the grinding wheel set positioned at the C axis pivot point – to ensure extremely precise grinding results
- The vertical spindle arrangement solves the well-known problems related to fixed and floating bearings
- Higher torque at the bottom spindle for fluting operations
- New wear-free linear induction motors on the X, Y and Z axes not only guarantee lasting consistency of quality and lower maintenance costs, but are also the key to improved surface quality
- Innovative wall concept with the highest possible rigidity and outstanding damping thanks to polymer concrete
- The innovative heat exchanger effectively cools the motors and spindles. This increases the thermal stability and optimises precision and performance in the long term
- Both spindles can be fitted with multiple different grinding wheel configurations. The automation option ensures seamless conversion
More from my site