Monday, December 29, 2014
The Wood Machinery Manufacturers of America (WMMA), and the Woodworking Machinery Industry Association (WMIA), have announced the opening of registration for the next Woodworking Industry Conference (WIC). The event will be held from April 21-24, 2015. Thelocation will be Grand Hyatt San Antonio in San Antonio, TX.
The meeting is a cost-effective way to make quality contacts with suppliers and peers during one trip (and is characterized by participants as being worthfive times the cost). It will include education and networking sessions of interest to industry members at all levels.
Diverse programming includes the following:
• “Business Trends for the Next Two Years” by Gene Marks
• “Economic Outlook” by Brian Beaulieu of ITR
• A Contact Table program allowing WIC participants to have face –to-face sales meetings as they create and build upon business relationships
• Workforce Training Session
• Manufacturing Executives Panel
• Presentation of industry awards
• Meeting of boards, committees and task forces
• 5K Walk/Run in San Antonio • Golf Outing with industry members
• Silent auction for one-of-a-kind items donated by industry members
• Special events, including receptions, spouse programming and more
WIC, which has been an industry standard for more than three decades, draws participants from all segments of the wood industry.
Tags: WIC, WMIA, WMMA, woodworking